Statement of truth

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by FiFi JC, Sep 6, 2006.

1. FiFi JC New Member

English England
    Hi
    Please will someone help me with the translation of the text below.

It's going to be sent to a bank, to confirm that the translated documents sent with it are all legitimate. The official English phrase is:

Statement of truth
    I (name) verify that the contents of this document are true and correct

My translations....Please correct and tell me which one sounds better!:confused:

Declaration de vérité
    Je certifie l'authenticité et la vérité des déclarations contenues dans ce document écrit.

or
    Declaration de vérité
    Je certifie que les declarations contenues dans ce document sont authentiques et véridiques

Thanks
    Fifi

2. Kyara78 Senior Member

Luxembourg
    French, Belgium
    Statement of truth

I think this phrase is not use in french contract. I think they use more :
    Déclaration sur l'honneur :
    Je certifie que les déclarations contenues dans ce document sont authentiques (something like that)

3. FiFi JC New Member

English England
    Thanks, that sounds better - I really wasn't sure about the verité bit but couldn't think of an alternative! Waht about the other phrases below it do they sound right?
    Fifi

4. carolineR

carolineR Senior Member

Indian Ocean
    France
    "Declaration de vérité" isn't used in French. I'd say "déclaration sur l'honneur:
    Je soussigné(e) (Name, First name, DoB, PoB) certifie par la présente l'authenticité des déclarations ci-dessous : blablabla "