1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

"Stative" verbs

Discussion in 'Русский (Russian)' started by Vivemafille, Apr 21, 2013.

  1. Vivemafille Senior Member

    In Russian to English grammar books, is there a specific term used for 'stative verb'. By this, I mean verbs such as know, think + opinion, believe, understand, see, have (to possess), want, need, like/dislike/love/hate, which are not usually used with the continuous.

    Google Translate gives: стативные глаголы

    Thank you in advance.
  2. Vivemafille Senior Member

    Please disregard this post. It's in the wrong forum!
  3. Healer New Member

    Stative verbs - Стативные глаголы
    This is an actual term for them.
  4. Dogcat Junior Member

    I have never heard such a term ("Стативные глаголы"). In my opinion, stative verbs are "глаголы состояния".
  5. Healer New Member

    Oh, sorry.. Really, they are called "глаголы состояния".
    Стативные глаголы is a rare phrase for this.

Share This Page