sujeto activo / sujeto pasivo del delito

Discussion in 'Legal Terminology' started by salarmenmx, May 21, 2008.

1. salarmenmx Senior Member

Mexico City
    Spanish, Mexico
    Hola a todos!

Mi pregunta de ahora es: ¿Existen en la doctrina de derecho penal de EEUU las figuras de "sujeto activo" y "sujeto pasivo" del delito?

Y bueno, en realidad, mi problema específico es que tengo que traducir estas expresiones. ¿Es correcto si traduzco: "active subject" y "passive subject"?

Gracias anticipadas. Saludos

SAM

2. Dani California

Dani California Senior Member

Spain, Spanish
    Como existir deben de existir, pues son elementos subjetivos del delito..... en cuanto a su traducción no se me ocurre otra manera de llamarlos más que "active subject of the crime" y "passive subject of the crime" , conforme tu has sugerido.
    En esta página americana, se usa lo de passive......Crimes are viewed as offenses against society, and as such are punished by the state. They can be scholastically distinguished, depending on the passive subject of the crime (the victim), or on the offended interest, in crimes against:.....
    http://www.bailyes.com/Felony_Crimes.htm
    Esperemos a ver que dicen los demás...

3. salarmenmx Senior Member

Mexico City
    Spanish, Mexico
    Una vez más, Gracias, Dani. Y con tu respuesta, me has aclarado otra pregunta, también: Acabo de aprender que "bien jurídico tutelado" debe traducirse como "offended interest"

GRACIAS

SAM

4. David Senior Member

These are civil law concepts, and I do not think there exist exactly equivalent English terms in common usage. The site cited by Dani is--I just looked at it--written in rather poor English and it appears to have been written by a lawyer trained in a non-English speaking country. I would guess a Latin American in the bail bond business, which is not the practice of law, trying to create an impression of great legal knowledge just to impress families to apply to this bail-bonding company for bail bonds.

I do find one use of the term in a US Dept. of Justice document, but it is a translation from French."IDENTIFICATION OF THE PASSIVE SUBJECT; ESTABLISHMENT OF A NEW FIELD OF STUDY RELATING TO THE VICTIM". I think in ordinary English documents--that is, unless you are explaining a civil law term in English--we would just say the "perpetrator" of the crime and the "victim" of the crime. "Author" and "passive subject" are basically translations of civil law terms into English from other languages.

I am also unacquainted with the term "offended interest," which is another awkward translation into English on the site Dani quoted. I think I would say "a judicially-recognized right" or just "the interest of one of the party's"... Offended in English is not really the same as ofendido...

5. salarmenmx Senior Member

Mexico City
    Spanish, Mexico
    Wow! Once again, thank you, David. When will it be the opening of your Academy? Remember I'll sign in

Saul

P. S. Simplemente como aclaración, los términos "sujeto activo" y "sujeto pasivo" del delito, también existen en la doctrina del Derecho Penal, en México (y no únicamente en el Derecho Civil)

Saludos

6. Dani California

Dani California Senior Member

Spain, Spanish

7. shoca Junior Member

English - Spanish
    My econ./com. dictionary says a "sujeto pasivo" is a taxpayer.

8. salarmenmx Senior Member

Mexico City
    Spanish, Mexico

9. Tzantza New Member

Spanish Ecuadorean
    En derecho civil o penal, y hablando de delitos creo que perpetrator es una buena opción pero alguien tiene alguna sugerencia para el uso de 'sujeto activo' en derecho tributario, en Ecuador lo usamos mucho en ese contexto.
    Taxpayer como 'sujeto pasivo' me parece perfecto.

10. aganape New Member

Spanish
    En el diccionario de términos jurídicos de enrique Alcarz Varó:

Sujeto activo: tax authority, tax-collecting agency; the agent or active party to any legal relationship, e.g. the lessor -arrendador- against the lessee -arrendatario-

Last edited: May 8, 2011