Support for Safari

Discussion in 'Comments and Suggestions' started by haapi, Nov 5, 2012.

1. haapi Junior Member

English, USA
    Do you have any shortcuts supported by Safari? I use the Firefox one, which is great, but I also use the Safari browser. Thanks in advance.
  2. fenixpollo

fenixpollo Mod, I say, Moderator

American English
    Are you trying to use a particular shortcut that doesn't work with the forum's vBulletin software?
  3. jann

jann co-mod'

English - USA
    I think you're talking about a Safari equivalent to our Firefox and Chrome search shortcuts?

This older thread may help, though I am not sure how current the information is: Toolbar for Safari

4. haapi Junior Member

English, USA
    Hello there--and thanks for replying. I am not sure of the tech details, but on firefox, all I have to do is enter the term "fren" into my search bar, followed by the word I want to translate, then press enter. That takes me straight to the WR page of the french>>>english translation (which is what I programmed when setting up the shortcut) of the word. I want to know if something similar is available on Safari.

Hello---please see my reply to fenixpollo. I checked out your link and it looks quite complicated, but I will certainly try and report back.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2012
  5. jann

jann co-mod'

English - USA
    No, I'm afraid there is no direct equivalent on Safari, because the Safari browser does not support these kinds of search shortcuts.

Intead, you need to install a plug-in (like the Inquisitor plug-in mentioned in my link above, or the Glims plug-in, etc.) that will allow you to add custom searches or extra search engines. Please do report back, we'll be happy to help as best we can. :)