1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

surta en tambor/rejilla

Discussion in 'Specialized Terminology' started by myerstl, May 31, 2012.

1. myerstl Senior Member

English -US
    Dentro de las observaciones importantes se deben contemplar tiempos de proceso, fases de agitación, problemas desde el punto de vista “del piso”, los tiempos por movimientos innecesarios, dificultades para cargar el lote. Se hace especial hincapié en el registro de la presentación de las materias primas ya que el hecho de que un material se surta en tambor y el siguiente en rejilla implica para el operador un tiempo para cambiar de báscula.

Looking specifically at the section in red, is the following a valid translation of that section?

Important observations include process times, agitation phases, problems from the point of view of "the floor,", time spent in unnecessary movements, and difficulties in loading the batch. Special emphasis is placed on the recording of the introduction of raw materials, as the fact that one material is added directly to the drum and the next through a vent indicates to the operator that it is time to change the scales.

Context: paint manufacture, scaling formulas for manufacture, process for scaling

2. k-in-sc

k-in-sc Senior Member

"En tambor" sounds like "by the drum." I don't know what "en rejilla" would be in the context of paint manufacture, but I'm not sure why you're translating it as "vent" rather than "grate" or "screen."

3. myerstl Senior Member

English -US
    This was the problem I had - the two terms together don't make sense. You can definitely add an ingredient by the drum, but then "rejilla" doesn't make sense. Trying to make "rejilla" fit then causes problems with the verb "surta." So I guess the real question is, how is "rejilla" used here?

4. k-in-sc

k-in-sc Senior Member

Well, "implica para el operador un tiempo para cambiar de báscula" should be "means the operator needs (to take) time to change the scales," not "indicates to the operator that it is time to change the scales."

5. abb1025

abb1025 Senior Member

USA
    English USA
    I think that tambor and rejilla refer to the container that holds the raw material the operator has to put in the machine. And rejilla in manufacture as a container can be translated as rack.

It seems to me like it might be as the fact that one material comes in a drum and the next in a rack means the operator needs (to take) time to change the scales,"