1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Swedish: I have been raiding your music.

Discussion in 'Nordic Languages' started by Osceana, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Osceana New Member

English - American
    I apologize, I forgot to put that I am looking for Swedish in the thread title.

I am trying to learn how to say/write this phrase and cannot figure it out. Mostly I cannot figure out how to say "I have been....[verb]"

Would it be:

"Jag har plundra din musik" or "Jag har räder din musik"? Thank you for your help! :)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  2. SharpBlade

SharpBlade Junior Member

Stockholm
    Swedish
    I might be mistaken here but I guess "I have been raiding your music" means that you've been looking through a person's music collection. If that's the case then I'd say something like: "Jag har kollat igenom din skivsamling/låtsamling." There's no set phrase to say this and a direct translation from English won't work in this case. As for the two sentences you wrote:

The first one would be gramatically correct if you wrote: "Jag har plundrat din musik". However, that sentence doesn't make that much sense in Swedish.

The second one is incorrect since the noun "en räd" can't be used as a verb. If you wanted to use it as a verb you'd have to say "att göra en räd" which is roughly the same as "att plundra".

3. zyzzy

zyzzy Senior Member

Swedish
    I would probably use:
    "Jag har snokat i din skivsamling/låtsamling". (snoka = snoop)
    "Jag har rotat igenom din skivsamling/låtsamling".
    But that doesn't imply taking any music, just browsing it without asking first. If I actually took some music, I would probably use:
    "Jag har lånat lite från din skivsamling".
    or even (more jokingly)
    "Jag har gjort en räd i din skivsamling".