Swedish--small Christmas letter translation

Discussion in 'Nordic Languages' started by Loki0717, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Loki0717 New Member

English
    If anyone has the time and can help me clean up this letter I'd appreciate it. It's part of my Christmas gift to my Swedish friend. If not I'll just look over it once more and send it as it is.

Below is what I'm trying to say and I simplified it to use phrases or words I know and to also make it easy for the online translators but I don't think it worked out too well. One thing I didn't understand is why the translator turned all my capital 'I's into capital JAG and translated it to "Self". So instead of saying "I wish..." it would say "Self wish..."

~~~~~~~~
    Hi. What is happening? Merry Christmas to you and your family. I hope you enjoyed a lovely celebration for St. Lucia Day. I also wish that you will get snow and have a white Christmas this year. Don't freeze to death and be sure to wear your scarf and mittens in the snow. Maybe you can even build a nice snowman and share a photo. Enjoy the season and be sure love, laugh and share all your blessings with your family. I think that I have now used every Swedish word I learned this season, except thingamajig (manick, I believe). I must hurry along now. It's very busy here and I have to spread some Christmas magic around. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Yours in friendship.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

Hej. Vad är skedde? God Jul till du och din familj. Jag hoppa det du glad firande för St. Lucid dag. I också önskan för snö så du vill har en vitt Julen den hår år. Icke gör det frysa till död och bruk din halsduk och mittens. Kanske jämn bygga en trevlig snö. Njuta av årstiden och vara säker på älska, skratt del din välsignelse med din familj. JAG tänka Jag har använd varje Swedsish uttrycka Jag har lärt nu, utom thingamajig (manisk JAG tro på ). JAG måste skynda på längs nu. Den er mycket sysselsatt här och Jag har till gå breda ut något Julen magi. God Jul och gott nyttår. Din verkligen i vänskap.

2. jonquiliser

jonquiliser Senior Member

Headquarters
    Svediż tal-Finlandja

3. Loki0717 New Member

English
    Thank you so much! This was very, very helpful.