1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Swedish: The White Stone

Discussion in 'Nordic Languages' started by peppermint schnapps, Nov 1, 2008.

1. peppermint schnapps New Member

ot
    Hello friends from the Nordic section.

I need some help with a movie title.
    When I was little I watched a children's movie about a girl and a boy who have an egg-shaped stone that they hide. I asked about this movie on a movie message board couple of years ago and one person recognized it from my description. He gave me the name of it , in the original language, and he said it means "The White Stone". I think he said it was a Swedish movie but I'm not absolutely sure. I looked it up on imdb using the name he gave me and that indeed turned out to be the movie I was looking for. Now I'm trying to look it up again but I don't remember the original name of the movie and I get absolutely nothing when I search for "The White Stone".

If anyone recognizes this movie and can tell me the name of it or if you could just translate "The White Stone" into Swedish I would be very grateful for your assistance.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Grefsen

Grefsen Senior Member

Southern California
    English - United States

Velkommen til nordisk forum peppermint schnapps. :)

I think the Swedish movie you are looking for is called "
    Den Vita Stenen."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081956/

3. Wilma_Sweden

Wilma_Sweden Moderatös

Lund, Sweden
    Swedish (Scania)
    I remember that series! I was a teenager at the time it was running originally on Swedish TV, and liked it although I wouldn't admit it to my friends, of course... ;)

Sadly, it doesn't appear to be available on DVD in Sweden because of legal disputes, possibly there are VHS copies available on the 2nd hand market.

I recommend the novel, by Gunnel Linde, which should be available everywhere, as will her other novels - she is a much loved children's author. Also, check the other titles by her on IMDB.

/Wilma

4. yannos1934 New Member

English
    yes, I remember that series from my childhood in Denmark, I liked it very much and remember it vividly.
    In Danish it was called: 'Den hvide sten' and I'm confident the Swedish title is the same but in Swedish.