1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)
  1. Morguse Senior Member

    French France
    This is a rather technical request for the attention of cooks or people familiar with the world of cooking.
    I would like to know what exactly a "tasting spoon" is, and how it is called in French.
    Is it a spoon filled with food which you serve as a first course, or is it just a kitchen utensil used by cooks to taste food before serving it?

  2. FAC13

    FAC13 Senior Member

    English, UK
    It is definitely the second - a spoon used to test the flavour of food during its preparation - "cuillère à goûter" in French I believe.
  3. Morguse Senior Member

    French France

Share This Page