Te quería saludar, cuídate.

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by diego619, Mar 27, 2006.

1. diego619 New Member

English USA
    Como se dice: "te keria saludar cuiadate " en espanol?

I met a girl from Mexico the other night and she wrote: Hola,como estas te keria saludar cuiadate. I'm a Spanish novice, but I believe it is something along the lines of Hello, how are you. Take care of yourself. Thanks for your help.

2. Conchita57

Conchita57 Senior Member

Madrid, Spain
    Spanish - Spain/French - Switzerland
    Yes, it's along those lines. It should read 'te quería saludar, cuídate': I just wanted to say hello. Take care'.

3. Cereth

Cereth Senior Member

language of love
    sometimes on internet or in cell phone messages is very common to write using "K" instead of "q"..
    it is a very bad practice though and you should say to her that you are a spanish novice, that she tries to write appropiately. she must understand that kind of language sometimes is difficult even for spanish speakers.

take care!

4. Gizmo77

Gizmo77 Senior Member

Asturias
    Spain - Spanish
    Y shd she? its "lotsa fn" bcumng werd tryng t ndrstnd a msg

I can't stand this kind of writing bohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

5. helenduffy

helenduffy Senior Member

USA, English
    Could the girl be a speaker of an indigenous language which uses "k"? I used to see this kind of misspelling in Spanish from Miskitu Indian students.

6. Conchita57

Conchita57 Senior Member

Madrid, Spain
    Spanish - Spain/French - Switzerland
    It sounds more like msn or mobile phone language to me (not that I know any Indian tongues, though!).