1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Teen Book Topics (los temas de libros para jovenes?)

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by tlebherz, Oct 15, 2007.

1. tlebherz Junior Member

US English
    I'm helping to translate a flyer at the library and I'm looking for interesting ways to say some things:

Un discurso diferente para los adolescentes? (A different kind of book discussion)

Podcasting? Is this the same in English and Spanish?

Holiday Open House--Casa Abierta para los dias festivas?

Gracias por ayudarme!

Tara

2. duran3d Senior Member

Spain, Spanish
    I would say:

Teen Book Topics = Temas de literatura juvenil

A different kind of book discussion = Un discurso diferente para adolescentes (Im not sure about the meaning of this one. Is the library announcing a speech about this subject? or what is it?)

Podcasting = Podcasting (i think there's still no proper translation)

Holiday Open House = Abierto los días festivos

3. tlebherz Junior Member

US English
    "A different kind of book discussion = Un discurso diferente para adolescentes (Im not sure about the meaning of this one. Is the library announcing a speech about this subject? or what is it?)"

The idea I think is to promote a book club for teens, but to make it sound different than the usual adult book club.

Gracias por su resupesta!

4. mnewcomb71 Senior Member

Detroit, MI
    USA - English
    Holiday Open House does not mean that the library is open on holidays, but rather, it is a special occassion when the library will invite a certain group during the Holiday time to discover what the library has to offer.

I would opt for temas de literatures para adolescentes.

5. The_Pinky

The_Pinky Senior Member

Spain
    Español (España) - Spanish (Spain)
    "A different kind of book discussion" - "Una charla sobre libros diferente". You are not talking about teenagers here :p