Tengo marcado en el pecho, todos los días que el tiempo no me dejó estar aquí

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by spooksat1, Jun 3, 2005.

1. spooksat1 New Member

US - English
    Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me in translating this song. I would really appreciate any help with this!
    Thanks!
    Hoy - Gloria Estefan

Tengo marcado en el pecho,
    todos los días que el tiempo
    no me dejó estar aquí.
    Tengo una fe que madura,

2. belén

belén Ex-Moderator

Spain
    Spanish, Spain, Catalan, Mallorca
    Hello Spook

Welcome to the forums.

Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines.You can find the rules here
    As you will see, no copyrighted material may be posted.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Belén

3. spooksat1 New Member

US - English
    I was wondering if anyone could translate the lyrics to the song "Hoy" by Gloria Estefan. I would post a link to the lyrics, but I'm not allowed to do so because of the rules of this website. Any help would be appreciated.

4. lauranazario

lauranazario Moderatrix

Puerto Rico
    Puerto Rico/Español & English
    Hi Spook.
    Why don't you attempt to translate the song and we'll gladly correct your mistakes?

Saludos,
    LN

5. SusieQ Senior Member

Guatemala
    Español but I can read, write, speak and understand English very well
    Are you completely sure that that is the correct name of the song? I've been searching and I cannot find it.

6. araceli moderadora

Buenos Aires
    Argentine, Spanish
  7. SusieQ Senior Member

Guatemala
    Español but I can read, write, speak and understand English very well
    Ok here it goes:
    My chest is marked by all the days that time did not let me be here.
    I have a faith that grows and comes with me and heals me since I met you.
    I have a lost mark between your shadow and mine that does not let me lie.
    I am a coin in the fountain, you my pending wish, my will to relive.
    I have a constant morning and a painting waiting to see you painted blue.
    I have your love and your luck, and a steeped little path. I have the sea on the other side; you are my North and my South.
    I will see you again today; I will wrap myself in your clothes. Whisper me in your silence when you see me come.
    I will see you again today; I will cheer up your sadness. We will have a party so this love will grow more.
    I have a phrase frozen between my mouth and my pillow that undresses me before you.
    I have a beach and a town that accompany me at night when you are not with me.
    I have a constant morning and a painting waiting to see you painted blue.
    I have your love and your luck and a steep little path. I have the sea on the other side, you are my North and my South.
    I will see you again today; I will wrap myself in your clothes. Whisper me in your silence.

This is probably not entirely correct but it gives you a head start into the translation. If anyone has a suggestion to this translation please let me know, meanwhile I am going to keep working on it to see if I can improve it.