Thank you for your prompt reply and for considering my application

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by Tigresse, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Tigresse Junior Member

Romania, romanian
    Hello everyone,
    What would the French be for “Thank you for your prompt reply and for considering my application”? (context: job offer)
    Je vous remercie pour votre prompte réponse et pour? prendre en considération ma candidature/d’avoir pris ma candidature en considération/ votre intéressement à ma candidature ???
    Many thanks in advance for all potential replies.
  2. Poppybluedee Junior Member

France- French
    Hi Tigresse,

"et merci de prendre en considération ma candidature" is correct. (d'avoir pris en considération = c'est du passé, donc ça veut dire qu'il ont déjà répondu)

But, it sounds a bit like an order ! In english I would personally would say something like : " I thank you in advance for your reply and would be grateful to you to consider my application". = "Je vous remercie par avance pour votre réponse je vous serai reconnaissante de prendre ma candidature en considération".

Or you can also say : " je vous remercie de l'attention que vous porterez à ma candidature" (I thank you for the attention you will pay to my application"), which is (for me) more elegant...:eek:
  3. Tigresse Junior Member

Romania, romanian
    Wow, thank you so much for your reply Popybluedee. I didn’t realize I put it wrongly in English tooL My correspondence is in French. And yes, it has already happened, my application has been taken into consideration, I got the reply in 1 hour (I love French people!:)), this is the reason I consider the answer was “prompt”. And I would like to be very grateful, thankful for this, but without exaggerating. Be elegant, without becoming… disgraceful, (if you know what I meanJ).Treacly would be a good word, maybe…
    May I know how would you reply to this, please? Many thanks indeed.