1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

thank you for your quick response and your understanding

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by Ring Ding, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Ring Ding Junior Member

Paris
    USA and English
    Hello,

I'm writing an email to an admissions office at a French university and would like to say:

"Thank you for your quick response and for your understanding.

I will send you my application over email by April 30 and will also send a hard copy of the application via express mail at that time."

Here is what I drafted:

"Je vous remercie pour votre réponse prompte et aussi pour votre compréhension.

Je vous addresserai mon dossier de candidature par courrier avant le 30 avril et et en même temps, je vous envoyerai mon dossier par messagerie aérienne."

I say "understanding/comprehension" in the first sentence is because the admissions office just sent me an email saying that applications need to be sent in the post. But, they also said that given the fact that the deadline is fast-approaching, it is fine if I send my application via email by the deadline (April 30) and then follow it in the post shortly thereafter.

My response is intended to be a polite response to this email.

Many thanks in advance for any input that you have!

2. LARSAY Senior Member

Hanoi, Vietnam
    BI-NATIONAL FRENCH-ENGLISH.
    Je vous remercie pour votre réponse rapide ainsi que pour votre compréhension. Je vous enverrai mon dossier de candidature par e-mail (or "par courrier électronique") avant le 30 avril et le ferai suivre d'une expédition postale par express

3. Ring Ding Junior Member

Paris
    USA and English
    Merci Bien pour votre assistance!