They will bring it out to you

Discussion in 'Polski (Polish)' started by adamste81, Feb 20, 2013.

1. adamste81 Junior Member

english
    I work for a ceramic tile/marble/granite supply house and we have many Polish customers. How would I tell them “They will bring it out to you” meaning the warehouse guys will get you the material and bring it to your truck.

Thanks

They all understand English well but also love the fact I know some Polish phrases already "Cześć...Co u ciebie słychać...Dziękuję...Miłego dnia...Jest piątek, potrzebuję piwa...and a few other things and I want to learn something else.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2013
  2. LilianaB Senior Member

US New York
    Lithuanian
    Oni wam to wyniosą i zaniosą do ciężarówki.

3. wolfbm1 Senior Member

Poland
    Polish
    Maybe: ( Oni ) (z magazynu) wydadzą wam towar.
    wydadzą x = they will bring out x.

Wy.da.dzą has three syllables. The accent falls on the middle one: da.

The Polish ą sounds as in the French "un peu"

More pronunciation tips you will find here. Also you could try a search engine: Polish sounds

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  4. adamste81 Junior Member

english
    Dzięki!

Zaparkuj somochod na drugich drzwiach i oni wydadzą wam towar = Park your car at the second door and they will bring you the material? <---- Is that correct? :confused: Would the word "materiał" also work or better would be "towar"?

5. adamste81 Junior Member

english

Thank you! I have been studying Polish now for about 3 months but man it is confusing! I have taught myself Portuguese and Spanish but this is no where close....hahaha!!

6. wolfbm1 Senior Member

Poland
    Polish
    Towar sounds better. It is more general than materiał. It would be even better if you specified what kind of towar.

Edit: It's samochód not samochod. (But: do samochodu.)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  7. adamste81 Junior Member

english
    The Polish langauge died in my family with my great-grandmother in 1996, unfortunately it was never passed onto my mom.

8. NotNow Senior Member

English
  9. adamste81 Junior Member

english
    In English we would just say "Park at the second door and they'll bring it to you." We would substitute "it" for "towar or materiał" since they already know what they are picking up.

10. wolfbm1 Senior Member

Poland
    Polish
    I would use towar then.:) Towar is uncountable.

11. Thomas1

Thomas1 Senior Member

polszczyzna warszawska
    'przyniosą', or as Liliana suggests, 'zaniosą' and 'wyniosą' can be another option, especially that 'wydać' doesn't necessarily imply that the material will be carried to the truck. I'd be more inclined to use only one of them, not two.

I'm afraid that the Polish 'ą' is different than this French sound, it's more like the nasal sound in the pronoun 'on'.

12. LilianaB Senior Member

US New York
    Lithuanian
    It really depends what it is -- if you mean construction materials to use -- that the subcontractors don't pay for, I would say materiały not towar. If it is something they pay for it can be towar. Also I would not use zaparkuj if you do not know the poeple very well -- it is very colloquial -- you could talk to your cousine this way. For more general use ,I would choose Proszę zaparkować koło drugich drzwi a oni wydadzą (wyniosą wam -- Państwu, towar do samochodu). If the construction workers are older than 25, I would use Państwu.

13. wolfbm1 Senior Member

Poland
    Polish
    Yes. That's much better. In fact, there are a couple of other alternatives.

Proszę podjechać do drugich drzwi. Tam wydamy Państwu* towar.

*Państwu - a married couple or two adults (M + F), Panom - two adults (M), Paniom - two adults (F), Wam - a bit familiar

Proszę, niech Państwo** podjadą do drugich drzwi po towar.

Or simply: Proszę podjechać do drugich drzwi po towar.

** Państwo, Panowie, Panie

OR
    Towar zostanie wydany przy drugich drzwiach.

Towar wydamy przy drugich drzwiach. Proszę tam podjechać. (future)

Towar wydajemy przy drugich drzwiach. Proszę tam podjechać. (present)

I think IVONA text to speech does a good job as far as pronunciation is concerned. I suggest choosing "Polish, Jacek" from the voices list.

14. wolfbm1 Senior Member

Poland
    Polish
    All's not yet lost. We'll help you learn it here.
    Cheers,
    Wolf

15. NotNow Senior Member

English
    Let me correct a typo. It's samochód, not somochod.