1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

title to a car

Discussion in 'Legal Terminology' started by miller29, Mar 1, 2013.

1. miller29 Senior Member

Hola chicos,

Estoy con luchando con la siguiente frase en un decreto de divorcio: "... the Wife shall take whatever actions that may be necessary to transfer record title of said automobile to Husband".

Mi intento: "... la Esposa tomará las acciones que sean necesarias para trasladar la factura del mencionado automóvil al Esposo".

¿Qué les parece?

¡Gracias!

Saludos,

Will

2. Tochka Senior Member

Me parece que « factura » significa « bill » o « receipt ».
    I'm just a beginner at Spanish, but I wouldn't expect the term for a receipt or bill to be used for a certificate of title.
    According to the WR dictionary, "title" in the legal sense of ownership is "
    título de propiedad" -- but you'd best wait for others to confirm whether or not this expression would be used with respect to the certificate of title for a car or not.

3. Bubilay

Bubilay Senior Member

Misteriosa Buenos Aires
    ~Argentina~ castellano...
    "... the Wife shall take whatever actions that may be necessary to transfer record title of said automobile to Husband"

La esposa realizará cuanto trámite resulte necesario para transferir la titularidad del automóvil al esposo!!!! Acuerdan que el auto queda para el y ella debe realizar los tramites necesarios para que asi sea-

4. miller29 Senior Member

¡Gracias chicos!

5. Bubilay

Bubilay Senior Member

Misteriosa Buenos Aires
    ~Argentina~ castellano...
    Un gusto! Lo bueno es que te haya servido!!