1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)
  1. silvicrima

silvicrima Senior Member

Spanish, Spain
    When somebody says they feel quizzy, does it always imply it's because they drank alcohol or took some drug?

2. Don Borinqueno Senior Member

La Isla De Encanto
    Spanish, English
    No it could be that they just feel dizzy because of eating something or for another reason.

3. silvicrima

silvicrima Senior Member

Spanish, Spain
    So, would you say it's a synomym for dizzy?

4. Don Borinqueno Senior Member

La Isla De Encanto
    Spanish, English
    Yes and it also has a little more to it. It can mean that they feel dizzy or sick

5. piguy3 Senior Member

suburban DC
    English - United States
    I've never heard of the word "quizzy", so I wonder if you might be asking about "queazy". Feeling queazy is similar to being nauseous or nauseated (ie you feel like vomiting), although perhaps a little bit less severe.

6. silvicrima

silvicrima Senior Member

Spanish, Spain
    Oh, I see!
    Thanks.

7. buddingtranslator

buddingtranslator Senior Member

Northamptonshire
    English, England
    Hi,

And the correct spelling is actually "queasy". However, the way it is pronounced makes it sound like it should have a "z". It's not exactly a synonym of "dizzy" either, "queasy" is more the feeling of sickness or nausea that one often feels when dizzy.

BT

8. Chaucer Senior Member

US inglés/español
    You give no context except what you think the isolated word might mean, so:

Said before, "quizzy" could be "queasy" mispelled.

But someone who "drank alcohol or took some drug" could be "quizzy"= too inquisitive or asking too many questions.

9. piguy3 Senior Member

suburban DC
    English - United States
    dictionary.com lists both "queasy" and "queazy"

Both look strange to me, probably because this word is used much more commonly in speech than in writing.

10. qizhen New Member

Chinese
    You do not have to be drunk to get quizzy. I heard people using "get quizzy" just because they think Prezi involves too much zoom in and out.