1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)
  1. bretlinford New Member

English
    How do you say "That's weirding me out" or "you are weirding me out" in Spanish? Context: someone is doing something or there is a situation that is making you feel uncomfortable. Or the person you are with is acting really strange and abnormal. You may be shocked a little by their actions. From dictionary: to make uneasy, bewildered, or disquieted by something considered very strange <that movie weirds me out>

2. aztlaniano

aztlaniano Senior Member

Lavapiestán, Madrid
    English (Aztlán, US sector)
    Welcome, bretlinford! :)
    It would be better if you were more specific. What exactly is happening?
    It might be: me estás dando grima/repelús, te has puesto muy raro

3. bretlinford New Member

English
    There are MANY contexts where you could say this. Like if you think your friend is pretending like they are about to pass out, you might say " Stop that! You're weirding me out!" Or "you are freaking me out" just anything that makes you feel uneasy because you are slightly afraid it might be real or it is so goony/silly that you are embarrassed about it.

4. bretlinford New Member

English
    But it doesn't always have to be someting that is scary. It can be something that is just so strange that you feel weird/strange. Like the movies by Tim Burton like Alice in Wonderland weird me out.

5. aztlaniano

aztlaniano Senior Member

Lavapiestán, Madrid
    English (Aztlán, US sector)
    You'll have to narrow it down. Also, you should indicate if you plan to say this to a Mexican, a Spaniard, etc.

6. Erik Rodrigo

Erik Rodrigo New Member

España, Castellano y Gallego
    Phrasal verb! I think that a literal translation could be; "Me ha dejado raro/Me estás poniendo raro" But we don't use this expression, closer from this could it be; "Me siento extraño" (I feel myself weird) or like you said; "Stop that! You're weirding me out!" it's like "¡Deja de hacer eso! Me estás dando mal rollo" (familiar expression)
    Something equivalent also could it be; "Esta película me ha puesto malo" (This movie weird me out) or in the case of your friend is freaking you out; "(Tú) Me has dejado a cuadros" (present perfect) but this is more like a surprised or unexpected sensation.
    Or in the case you're feeling uncomfortable "Me estás poniendo malo" (present continuous).
    Hope it works for you.

7. bretlinford New Member

English
    Thanks Erik! That has been very helpful! I really appreciate it!

8. Erik Rodrigo

Erik Rodrigo New Member

España, Castellano y Gallego
    You're Welcome!