to wire in

Discussion in 'Português (Portuguese)' started by Maria Leopoldina, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Maria Leopoldina Senior Member

Brazil, portuguese
    Olá, novamente

Como eu poderia traduzir o verbo acima no seguinte contexto:

The next challenge came when Wells Fargo wanted to change its criteria for making loans. This process had traditionally taken up to six months, limiting flexibility and responsiveness to changing market demands. One solution would have been simply to wire in the new loan critéria.

O novo desafio surgiu quando a Wells Fargo quis mudar os critérios de concessão de empréstimos. O processo costumava levar até seis meses, limitando a flexibilidade e a agilidade de resposta às variações de demanda do mercado. Uma solução seria simplesmente to wire in os novos critérios de empréstimo.

Muito grata.

ML

2. coquis14

coquis14 Senior Member

Entre Macrilandia/Chamamélandia
    Español ,Argentina
    Acho que é:To wire , in the new loan critéria.:confused:

3. Maria Leopoldina Senior Member

Brazil, portuguese
    Sabe, você pode estar certo. Mesmo assim, não sei como traduzir "to wire" nesse contexto. Vou aguardar sugestões. Obrigada, coquis14.

ML

4. andre luis Senior Member

Portuguese-Brasil
    "...atrelar aos novos..."
    Verbinho feio este 'atrelar'...

5. Maria Leopoldina Senior Member

Brazil, portuguese
    Andre Luis, obrigada pela sugestão.

ML

6. Carfer

Carfer Senior Member

Paris, France
    Portuguese - Portugal
    Olá Leopoldina

É isto
    coloquial to wire in
    trabalhar com energia e rapidez;

Acho que se ajusta perfeitamente ao seu texto.

7. arbilab Senior Member

Dallas Texas US
    US english
    Without further context, I can't make clear the meaning the author intended.

There are two contexts for wire in. One, is to electronically update a set of terms, such that the new terms are recognized by the system immediately. As in, 'I will wire you the payment'.

The other is similar, but implies something more global than a point-to-point transfer. That is, to rewire the parameters such that they accept the new terms. Even though, in the computer age, rewiring means reprogramming, rather than moving physical connections.

8. Carfer

Carfer Senior Member

Paris, France
    Portuguese - Portugal
    That was what I thought, arbilab, before looking up one of my dictionaries and finding that translation (the one about working fast, wich makes sense but doesn't convey much of a meaning, actually). Anyway, the original expression is 'wire in' and the 'in' is absent in your examples (wire the payment and rewiring the parameters)'. I think you are right about the need of further context.

9. arbilab Senior Member

Dallas Texas US
    US english
    Sem. You see, Carfer, that the addition of the preposition adds little or nothing to the meaning.

I can wire a payment or I can wire in a payment. I can wire a solution, or I can wire in a solution. There is no meaningful distinction.

10. Carfer

Carfer Senior Member

Paris, France
    Portuguese - Portugal
    I'm now aware of that. Thanks, arbilab

11. Maria Leopoldina Senior Member

Brazil, portuguese
    Carfer e Arbilab,

Obrigada pelas sugestões.

ML