1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Traje cruzado "Príncipe de Gales"

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by Silueta, Sep 19, 2007.

  1. Silueta Senior Member

    UK English

    Could anyone explain what this is exactly? It is mentioned in a novel I am translating. Sailor suit???

    "con mi traje cruzado "Príncipe de Gales""

    Thanks in advance!
  2. fuzzzylogix

    fuzzzylogix Senior Member

    aspacameur/english 1st, spanish 2nd
    I'm not exactly sure but it sounds like a "double-breasted coat Prince of Wales style".
  3. Jeromed Banned

    USA, English
    Double-breasted 'Prince of Wales' suit.

    As I'm sure you know, Prince of Wales refers to a particular pattern in the fabric of the suit.
  4. Silueta Senior Member

    UK English
    sorry, no I didn´t know...
  5. Jorge Jodra Senior Member

    Spanish- Spain
    You are right. It hasn't anything to do with taylors but with the pattern in the fabric. This is the pattern
  6. Jeromed Banned

    USA, English
    Oooppsss. Guess you're not into royalty. ;) Or men's suits!

    Here is a picture of the suit, although, it's single-breasted, not double. This type of suit was made popular by the Duke of Windsor, when he was still Prince of Wales, and the dandiest man in the world. :rolleyes:
  7. Jorge Jodra Senior Member

    Spanish- Spain
    I only wanted to show the pattern of the fabric. I suppose everybody knows the difference between single and double- breasted.
  8. Jeromed Banned

    USA, English
    Muy bueno el vínculo que nos pasaste. No solo muestra cómo es la tela, sino que cuenta la historia.
  9. Silueta Senior Member

    UK English
    Thanks a lot everyone! That really helps!
  10. Jorge Jodra Senior Member

    Spanish- Spain
    Hello, Sorry,
    I wasn't able to delete the message. I misunderstood Jeromed's post

Share This Page