transacciones a cualquier título (criminal law)

Discussion in 'Legal Terminology' started by Klea, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Klea New Member

Norwegian
    I have seen this expression in connection with contracts, but I cannot figure out how to make sense of it in the context I am dealing with, which is criminal law.

If you are indicted of drugs trafficking, more precisely of "los subtipos" "posesión dolosa, transporte ... y transacciones a cualquier título porque la droga estaba dirigida a ser comercializada", just exactly what sort of transactions were those?

Grateful for any help

2. Iuris Tantum

Iuris Tantum Senior Member

Juneau
    Mexican Spanish
    a) El tipo penal es la conducta que es castigable o punible, en este caso, los delitos contra la salud (droga).

b) Los subtipos son las maneras específicas de cometer el delito, sea transportando o poseyendo o vendiendo o comprando.

c) "Transacciones a cualquier título porque la droga estaba dirigida a ser comercializada", es decir, que de cualquier manera se obtenga dinero o un lucro de esas transacciones u operaciones.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  3. Klea New Member

Norwegian
    Do you mean that here it can be translated with something meaning "con ánimo de lucro" (for financial gain)?

4. Iuris Tantum

Iuris Tantum Senior Member

Juneau
    Mexican Spanish
    You can say: Transacciones con ánimo de lucro a cualquier título...

5. k-in-sc

k-in-sc Senior Member

Are you sure it doesn't just mean "transactions, of whatever type, of drugs intended/destined for sale" or something like that?

6. Klea New Member

Norwegian
    I certainly feel that the "of whatever type" is more comprehensible for an English reader than the "by virtue of any title" which has been suggested elsewhere in the forums as a translation for "a cualquier título". Does it mean the same thing?

Thank you both, by the way :)

7. k-in-sc

k-in-sc Senior Member

8. Klea New Member

Norwegian
    Very nice, k-in-sc! I honnestly thought the 's' in drug(s) was correct. Now I see that whereas there are 48,000 drugs offences on google.co.uk, there are 288,000 drug offences. However, both are used by "respectable sources" such as BBC, etc.

Anyway, you write that the 'a cualquier titulo" can also mean "for xxx purpose, etc". In most of the contexts in which the expression occurs in my text, "for whatever purpose" makes very good sense. And here "of whatever nature " would seem to be to the point, so I think you saved my day.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  9. k-in-sc

k-in-sc Senior Member

Maybe ''of whatever description" would be more on the mark. I wish somebody who knew for sure could confirm it ...
    Actually it's the "porque" that's kind of throwing me off.

10. Heredianista

Heredianista Senior Member

Austin, Texas
    English - USA
    Estimados colegas:

Estoy luchando para traducir un párrafo parecido, y se me ha conquistado por completo la frase "a cualquier título". Si me pueden echar una mano, estaré agradecidísima. ¡Gracias!

11. evitap Senior Member

Spanish-Colombia
    My choice: "of whatever nature". For xxx purpose/for whatever purpose: NO (I refer to this in another thread on this topic)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  12. k-in-sc

k-in-sc Senior Member

"Transactions of any/whatever nature" would work here. I don't think anyone suggested the construction "of xxx purpose," which would not be native.

13. evitap Senior Member

Spanish-Colombia
    Yes, k-in-sc, I made a mistake writing 'of xxx purpose', I know it doesn't sound native. I meant: 'for', as you mentioned in No. 7. I already changed it in my post. My point is that the purpose has nothing to do with 'a título de'. I go for 'of whatever nature', or even, 'by any means'.
    Thanks.