1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Translation?

Discussion in 'Türkçe (Turkish)' started by warehouseagent, Apr 18, 2014.

1. warehouseagent New Member

English
    Hello!

This has been bugging me ever since I've seen it in the episode "Endless Terror" of Warehouse 13.

(If you haven't seen the show, you probably have no idea what I'm talking about)

When Paracelsus is in Warehouse 9, he is being chased. Now, he grabs an artifact that has a little card written in Ottoman Turkish (I think) describing what it is.

Turkish.jpg

The card

Untitled.jpg
    Crude version i tried to write out for better viewing.

I've tried to decipher it. But alas, no luck. So i figured I'd give this place a try.

Thanks guys!

Attached Files:

2. jcpjcp Senior Member

Turkish/Turkic
    the resolution is too low. Can you take and upload the photo again ?

3. warehouseagent New Member

English
    Turkish.jpg
    Any better?

4. mechanical

mechanical Junior Member

Bruxelles
    Français - Deutsch - Türkçe
    Can you say something about this document? So, where is it now (place, museum)? or Who have written it? or something like that? We can look for Turkish sources.

5. warehouseagent New Member

English
    It was made by the production team for the show Warehouse 13. Besides that, i have no idea.

It was a description card for an artifact that was housed in Warehouse 9. Which was supposed to be in the Ottoman Empire in the 1500s.

I just couldn't decipher it, I've looked and tried to compare with the Turkish Alphabet, still nothing.

6. jcpjcp Senior Member

Turkish/Turkic
    if you have possibility, can you take the photo from the front ? It is still unreadable.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014