trattare in modo esaustivo

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by intogargano, Jan 4, 2013.

1. intogargano Junior Member

Italian
    Buonasera a tutti

Mi sto esercitando traducendo il testo seguente:

Lontani dall’intenzione di voler trattare in modo esaustivo le mille possibilità che l’escursionismo offre nel Gargano, in questa guida abbiamo selezionato, fra i tanti, 5 percorsi di particolare interesse storico e paesaggistico.

My attempt is:

Far from the intent to treat in exhaustive way thousand possibilities that hiking offers in Gargano, in this guide we selected, among many, 5 itineraries of remarkable historical and landscape interest.

The whole sentence does not sound good to me and, in particular, I´m not sure if I can use "treat" in this specific case.

Any help...???

2. elfa

elfa Senior Member

Bath, England
    English
    Instead of exhausting the many possibilities that hiking has to offer in the Gargano peninsula, in this guide we have chosen just five itineraries of particular historical and natural interest.

In addition to the very many hiking trails that exist in the Gargano peninsula, in this guide we have chosen to highlight five itineraries of particular historical and scenic interest.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  3. intogargano Junior Member

Italian
    Ok. I was almost completely wrong...:(...

Many thanks for your help. I think I have to study a lot more....:eek:....

Grazie mille!

4. elfa

elfa Senior Member

Bath, England
    English
    I wouldn't say so - it's just difficult to write these sentences completely naturally in a foreign language. ;)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  5. AshleySarah

AshleySarah Senior Member

Australia
    English - N.Ireland
    Elfa, hope you don't mind a tiny correction. The Gargano peninsula (not "peninsular" as that is the adjective).

6. elfa

elfa Senior Member

Bath, England
    English
    Oops :eek: Many thanks, Sarah! :)