Treatment of neurotrophic keratitis

Discussion in 'Polski (Polish)' started by leloisa, Dec 21, 2012.

1. leloisa Member

Hi everybody! Is this translation right?
    Thank you very much!

Leczenie neurotroficzne zapalenie rogówki
  2. LilianaB Banned

US New York
    Zaplenie rogówki is keratitis. I am not sure about neurotroficzne. What does the medical dictionary say? Otherwise you would really need to ask an ophthalmologist if it sounds right.
  3. R.O

R.O Banned

I think the translation is not correct. I'd translate it like this: Leczenie neurotroficznego zapalenia rogówki.
  4. LilianaB Banned

US New York
    Yes, of course zapalenia -- the case is wrong. I somehow missed the ending. Where is the phrase from, Leloisa? It looks like it was machine translated -- thus wrong endings. I see you are translating it into many languages. The best thing would be really to call an ophthalmologist if some words are not in the medical dictionary. (zaplenie rogówki is right, as a term for keratitis).
  5. bibax Senior Member

Neurotroficzne zapalenie rogówki is the correct term.

And how to decline keratitis in Polish (gen. sing. keratitidy or keratitisu)? Is it feminine (like in Czech and Latin: neurotroficzna keratitis)?
  6. BezierCurve Senior Member

We do not decline Latin terms (unless they get "polonized", as "cellulit" for "cellulitis"). If the gender is not obvious we tend to treat it as neutral.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  7. LilianaB Banned

US New York
    I believe keratitis is not used in standard medical Polish. Latin terms are not that often used in Polish medical language, as opposed to Russian, for example. Doctors would now what is means based on their knowledge of Latin, but this is not standard Polish. And I agree with Bezier, that Latin words are not declined in Polish, even such a centrum, and neither do other foreign words.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  8. BezierCurve Senior Member

... we do however decline the plural forms of some of them (like "centra", "akwaria" etc.). Just crossed my mind after reading Liliana's post.
  9. kknd Senior Member

Polska / Poland
    polski / Polish
    jeśli chodzi o łacinę, to „prawie” (zob. wykładnia pwn); co do innych języków, to już nie mogę się zgodzić.
  10. BezierCurve Senior Member

W podanym artykule podano dokładnie te same informacje - łaciny nie odmieniamy, chyba, że wyrażenie zostanie spolszczone. Nie odnosi się to do liczby mnogiej, którą można odmienić.
  11. LilianaB Banned

US New York
    Most foreign words should not be declined in Polish, although I know that the new tendency is to decline such words as skan or mail, and perhaps some other words as well.