1. Hello all,

I was wondering if there is a term in Spanish for "trigger warning". A trigger warning is something that is used sometimes in feminist blogs for example when they talk explicitly about subjects like rape which might trigger painful emotional responses in victims who might read the blog. So what they do before the discussion or description begins is to simply write the words "trigger warning" so that readers know beforehand what to expect.

I've no idea how to say this in Spanish. Any ideas?
  2. fenixpollo

fenixpollo Mod, I say, Moderator

American English
    Is the phrase "trigger warning" used by itself, as a header for a text, or perhaps as an icon or graphic? If it's used in a complete sentence, it would be helpful to see an example; but if it's not, we'll have to figure out something else.

I don't think "trigger" is used as a noun to mean "catalyst" in Spanish like it is in English; instead, they use a verb like provocar. You might have to use a more generic phrase like aviso de contenido, rather than trying to translate "trigger".
  3. This is a better explanation of what I tried to explain: http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Trigger_warning

Thanks for your suggestion "aviso de contenido". I like it even if it's not exactly the same.

Of course I welcome more responses if someone has any ideas. Thanks!
  4. carmenn Member

I haven't seen this kind of sentences in feminists blogs (because I don't use to visit them), but in spanish may be like:

Atención: (el siguiente contenido) puede herir su sensibilidad

After your last post (while I was answering), I will resume with only one word: Atención.

The rest of the text after "trigger warning" explains it itself
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2011
  5. Camenn, thanks for your help, I do like your solution :)
  6. pocumus Senior Member

Español Peruano
    " Tema sensible " ?