Tunisian Arabic: change

Discussion in 'العربية (Arabic)' started by seta, Jan 29, 2013.

1. seta Senior Member

sicily
    italia italiano
    Hello guys! Please have a look at the sentence below and tell me if the use of "badl" is correct or if there is a better way to express the concept:

The guests have asked many times to change the menu becasuse it is not good, but nobody cares for that.
    Ad-duyuf talabu min al-mudira al-badl mta3 al-makliyya marrat barcha, 3ala khatir hya mush bey, wa lakin hatta hadd iahtamm bihi.
    Thank you for your help!

2. tounsi51 Senior Member

Dubai
    French-Arabic
    al dhouyouf talbou men al moudira besh ybedlou lmekla barcha marrat 3ala khatarha mehesh bahya, amma ma fama hatta hadd mahtam biha

3. seta Senior Member

sicily
    italia italiano
    al dhouyouf talbou men al moudira besh ybedlou lmekla barcha marrat 3ala khatarha mehesh bahya, amma ma fama hatta hadd mahtam biha[/QUOTE]

What is the meaning of besh in the sentence above?As far as I know besh is used:
    1) in the future:besh nemshi = I will go
    2) to express the porpose of something: naqra al-3arabi besh nualli mutargima

In the sentence above may besh stand for MSA "AN" ?( talabtu minhu "an" akhruja)

4. tounsi51 Senior Member

Dubai
    French-Arabic
    You have right, we don't really need the "besh" here

5. إسكندراني

إسكندراني Senior Member

أرض الأنجل
    عربي (مصر)ـ | en (gb)
    I hear Tunisians use it in this context a lot. Think of it as fitting under the second meaning you suggested