Tunisian Arabic: right - wrong

Discussion in 'العربية (Arabic)' started by seta, Feb 18, 2013.

1. seta Senior Member

sicily
    italia italiano
    Hello guys! Could you help to translate the following sentente?
    Please check your data.Are they right or wrong?
    Brabbi te2akked al-ma3lumat. Hya sahiha/beya wela ........?
    Thank you in advance.

2. Aloulu Senior Member

Tunisian Arabic
    brabbi akadli al ma3loumat, s7i7a hiya wela ghalta (غلطة)?

akadli because you ask it to someone. te2akked is first person verb of "you check"

3. seta Senior Member

sicily
    italia italiano
    Thank you Aloulu for the corrections. I thought that the meaning of te2akkad was "he checked" and that te2akked was also the second person of the imperative. (Check!)
    Why shall I add "li" after the verb?

4. seta Senior Member

sicily
    italia italiano
    I've got confused!

5. إسكندراني

إسكندراني Senior Member

أرض الأنجل
    عربي (مصر)ـ | en (gb)
    He checked: أكد
    Imperative: أكد
    for me: لي

6. Aloulu Senior Member

Tunisian Arabic
    In your sentence you start with "بربّ" (brabbi) so you ask for a favour. In that way u use the imperative as our Egyptian brother mentioned: "akadli". "Check for me" the information, is it right or wrong?"

te2akked would be present tense "you check". Then you would have to leave the beginning with "brabbi", so your not asking for a favour anymore.
    In that way you would say like "you check the information (at the moment), is it right or wrong?". In that case ta2ekked would be closer, but in dialect it would still not be 100%.
    Because if the verb "to check" is not finished we use قعد and then the verb... like in English "you are checking" (so the action is not finished yet - present continuous), instead of you check (present).

I hope this makes things more clear.

7. seta Senior Member

sicily
    italia italiano
    Thank you guys for your patience!!Aloulu coud you make me one example of the use of the present continuos with qa3ad?

8. tounsi51 Senior Member

Dubai
    French-Arabic
    shqa3ad ta3mel= what are you doing.

9. Aloulu Senior Member

Tunisian Arabic
    For example "fech ya3mlou??? فش يعملو" (what are they doing?), "qa3din y5demou" قعدين يخدمو (they are working at the moment - present continious...this means they are STILL in the middle of the action of working....instead of just the present "they work")
    فش يعمل هو "fech ya3mel houa"
    9a3ad ye5dim

9a3dat ti5dim (feminine third person) etc etc