1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Turkish songs: backing tracks

Discussion in 'Türkçe (Turkish)' started by fabridsyo, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fabridsyo New Member

ITALIAN
    Hi, do you know how to translate 'backing track' in Turkish?
    Is there any website where one can download backing tracks of turkish songs?

Thanks

2. Reverence Senior Member

Turkish
    Apparently the term is too new for Turkish professionals to reach a consensus on a possible translation. As far as I know, "altyapı müziği" is the most popular one. Not really sure if I'm allowed to make any suggestions without breaking any rule here, so I'll just recommend googling it.

3. fabridsyo New Member

ITALIAN
    Thanks. The 'backing track' of a song is simply the song without the voice of the singer, just the music. I would google it, if I knew how to translate 'backing track' in Turkish....

4. spiraxo

spiraxo Senior Member

istanbul
    turkey, turkish
    Hi fabridsyo,

enstrümantal müzik
    You can also use "enstrümantal müzik dinle" as keywords in search engines. It means "listen to instrumental music".

Good luck!
    :)

5. fabridsyo New Member

ITALIAN
    thanks spiraxo, I have tried your suggestion, but 'instrumental music' is something different. By 'backing track' I mean the following: take a song by Nazan Oncel (or by whoever singer you like), now imagine to remove the voice of the singer. What is left is the 'backing track', and you can use it to sing yourself on it. In German I think it is 'Spur'.

6. spiraxo

spiraxo Senior Member

istanbul
    turkey, turkish
    That's right. When you search with these keywords, in some sites you will find only instrumental music and in others backing tracks that you are looking for. You should check every result shown in search engines. By the way I checked it before posting, it works.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.