1. The WordReference Forums are under attack from some Korean spammers.

We have created a filter that requires moderation intervention for all messages with Korean characters from new users. The impact should be minimal, but posts from new users will only appear after a few minutes delay.
    Dismiss Notice

Two adults, two children (at a restaurant or a theme park)

Discussion in '한국어 (Korean)' started by bailarín, Jan 26, 2014.

1. bailarín

bailarín Senior Member

Ciudadano del mundo
    English (USA)
    Hello, forum members:

If I were to go into a restaurant to be seated or a theme park like Lotte World and the host or attendant asks me how many people are in my party. How would I say, "Two adults and two children"?

My attempt: 어른 두명, 아이들 두명 있어요.

And what do you call a highchair for a child in a restaurant?
    아이들 의자?

Thank you very much!!
  2. Kross

Kross Senior Member

Yes, you are correct. It sounds natural and polite. In some places like a buffet restaurant, you are asked or encouraged to give the kids' ages because admission fees for them can vary depending their ages. If they are under preschool ages, e.g. 6 or 7, they will be undercharged.

We had not had that kind of chair for little kids until international food franchises such as Outback recently arrived in Korea. So it is one of newest culture things affected from outsides. I guess we may not have a set word for the chair. But if my memory serves me right, I heard it was called 키높이 의자. 아이들 의자 must be also understandable in most places as it clearly describes what chair you need.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014