unlucky run (poker)

Discussion in 'Polski (Polish)' started by malzmlodszy, Jul 22, 2014.

1. malzmlodszy New Member

polski
    Cześć,

właśnie tłumaczę tekst o pokerze. Mam problem z kilkoma wyrażeniami, a może ktoś z Was gra w pokera i ma większe pojęcie o tym, jak przetłumaczyć te wyrażenia:

1. "unlucky run" - pechowy...?
    [...]

Będę bardzo wdzięczna za każdą podpowiedź!
    Pozdrawiam

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
  2. gumishu New Member

Polish
    może "pechowa seria" albo "pechowa seria rozdań"

3. wolfbm1 Senior Member

Poland
    Polish
    W kartach, słowo 'run' może też znaczyć 'sekwens':
    "The object of the game is to form all the cards in your hand into combinations. There are two types of valid combination:

1. a set or group of three or more cards of the same rank, such as (...)
    2. a run or sequence of three or more cards in the same suit, such as (...)
    {...} For example (...) is either a set of sixes with a 5 and 7 of spades left over, or a run of spades with two sixes left over."
    Źródło: "Three thirteen", portal: pagat.com

4. LeTasmanien

LeTasmanien Senior Member

Gmina Karczew, Poland
    English British
    An ‘unlucky run’ means a sequence of events where a person has consistently bad luck.

Often this would be associated with gambling of some sort e.g. a sequence of losing hands in poker or, a sequence of losing bets on racehorses.

But it can also be used to describe a sequence of bad luck in life in general; e.g.
    He lost all his money in the share market crash then his wife left him then finally he broke his leg while playing soccer.

Another similar expression is; ‘a streak of bad luck’.
    ‘I’ve had a long streak of that bad luck but I’m praying it’s gone at last’ Paul Simon

5. Fairlight

Fairlight New Member

Może po prostu "zła passa"?

6. dreamlike

dreamlike Senior Member

Poland
    Polish
    I must say I find it a bit suprising that you use the word "soccer" instead of "football", given that the variety of English you speak is BrE.

To jest dobra propozycja. :thumbsup: