unlucky run (poker)

Discussion in 'Polski (Polish)' started by malzmlodszy, Jul 22, 2014.

1. malzmlodszy New Member

właśnie tłumaczę tekst o pokerze. Mam problem z kilkoma wyrażeniami, a może ktoś z Was gra w pokera i ma większe pojęcie o tym, jak przetłumaczyć te wyrażenia:

1. "unlucky run" - pechowy...?

Będę bardzo wdzięczna za każdą podpowiedź!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
  2. gumishu New Member

może "pechowa seria" albo "pechowa seria rozdań"
  3. wolfbm1 Senior Member

W kartach, słowo 'run' może też znaczyć 'sekwens':
    "The object of the game is to form all the cards in your hand into combinations. There are two types of valid combination:

1. a set or group of three or more cards of the same rank, such as (...)
    2. a run or sequence of three or more cards in the same suit, such as (...)
    {...} For example (...) is either a set of sixes with a 5 and 7 of spades left over, or a run of spades with two sixes left over."
    Źródło: "Three thirteen", portal: pagat.com

4. LeTasmanien

LeTasmanien Senior Member

Gmina Karczew, Poland
    English British
    An ‘unlucky run’ means a sequence of events where a person has consistently bad luck.

Often this would be associated with gambling of some sort e.g. a sequence of losing hands in poker or, a sequence of losing bets on racehorses.

But it can also be used to describe a sequence of bad luck in life in general; e.g.
    He lost all his money in the share market crash then his wife left him then finally he broke his leg while playing soccer.

Another similar expression is; ‘a streak of bad luck’.
    ‘I’ve had a long streak of that bad luck but I’m praying it’s gone at last’ Paul Simon
  5. Fairlight

Fairlight New Member

Może po prostu "zła passa"?
  6. dreamlike

dreamlike Senior Member

I must say I find it a bit suprising that you use the word "soccer" instead of "football", given that the variety of English you speak is BrE.

To jest dobra propozycja. :thumbsup: