URDU: محلِ اعتبار

Discussion in 'Indo-Iranian Languages' started by jacobius1986, Mar 25, 2013.

1. jacobius1986 Member

english - london
    کسی خاص شخس یا واقعہ سے اس آیت کو مخصوص کر دینا محلِ اعتبار نہ ہوگا

Dear all,
    This is a line referring to the Quran and whether verses (ayat) were revealed due to specific circumstances (Shaan i Nuzool). However, I'm not sure what he means exactly with this sentence. Thank you for your help
  2. Qureshpor Senior Member

Punjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    To associate this verse to a particular person or incident is not plausible.

maHal = place/occasion
    i3tibaar = credence
  3. jacobius1986 Member

english - london
    Thank you.

So specifically, does 'maHal e i3tibaar' mean plausible? A phrase that might literally translate as 'Occasion of credence'? Or have I misunderstood this?
  4. Qureshpor Senior Member

Punjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    Let's wait to see what others say but to my mind "plausible" seems the best fit.

maHal-i-i3tibaar = place/occasion for credence.

With a negative..not credible, not plausible.
  5. marrish

marrish Senior Member

اُردو Urdu
    jacobius and QP SaaHibaan, I'd like to share my views on this issue, but before I can do it, I really need still more context, possibly the preceding and the next sentence. As soon as you post it I shall come back with the explanation.
  6. marrish

marrish Senior Member

اُردو Urdu
    It is demotivating that my request for more context has not been taken into consideration - I have a feeling I've waisted my time on this issue. From now on I'm not going to respond to this kind of questions where the original poster doesn't care to formulate his question in a proper manner, taking all the responses for granted.