URDU: Zaat-e-yaktaa

Discussion in 'Indo-Iranian Languages' started by fingersfour, Jan 20, 2013.

1. fingersfour New Member

English
    Can someone help with the words underlined I'm having trouble with please:

Ye sabit hota hai kai vo un aarifoun mai sai te jo andar hi andar zate yaqta ki taraf keencha jatai hain.

The translation I have for this so far minus the words: zate yaqta, is:

This proves that he was, undoubtedly, from those saints who were inwardly attracted towards...

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Even an approximate meaning will do.

2. marrish

marrish Senior Member

اُردو Urdu
    Hi,

Any chance that you can provide this sentence in the original Urdu script, please?

In the meanwhile, it seems plausible that the words you requested are ذاتِ یکتا zaat-e-yaktaa.

The meaning of ذات zaat (Zaat) is here 'a being', 'a person' and that of یکتا yaktaa is 'one', 'single', 'unique'. The adjective یکتا yaktaa defines the preceding noun ذات zaat and is connected with it by the means of the izaafat construction.

3. fingersfour New Member

English
    It's from a talk.

Nevertheless, what you've provided will suffice marrish.

Much obliged friend.

4. marrish

marrish Senior Member

اُردو Urdu
    That's no problem. In case the talk is available online, do provide a hint. I haven't given the translation of the expression, I hope you can figure it out.

5. Faylasoof Senior Member

Plato's Republic
    English (UK) & Urdu (Luckhnow), Hindi
    I agree with you marrish SaaHib, it is Zaat-e-yaktaa!

6. Faylasoof Senior Member

Plato's Republic
    English (UK) & Urdu (Luckhnow), Hindi
    According to the transliteration rules that some of us use here, it'll read as follows:

...yeh thaabit hotaa hai keh woh un 3aarifoN meN se the jo andar hii andar zaat-e-yaktaa kii Taraf khiche jaate haiN <-- I would go for the intransitive!!

...this proves that he was one of those gnostics (3aarif [sing.]; 3aarifeen [plural]) / saints (auliyaa) who were inwardly attracted / drawn towards the Unique Being (Zaat-e-yaktaa)

Given the (limited but still useful context) by Zaat-e-yaktaa is meant God - most likely.