Valor (numérico)

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by Anduril, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Anduril Senior Member

Spain Spanish
    A partir de este valor, será penalizado

La palabra "valor" se refiere a un valor numérico, a una medida, de la que si se pasa, será penalizado. Valdría value?

From this value on, it will be penalized

Ah! Y para decir "valor límite" (el valor límite de esta medida será...): The value limit / limit value?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  2. spnichol Senior Member

Mexico City
    English-US
    I'm not sure value is the correct word here, can you be more specific as to the type of values you're talking about (a part from just being numerical)?

3. Anduril Senior Member

Spain Spanish
    In spanish we use the word "valor" that literally is "value" in english, but I suppose you don't use the same word, so I'll try explain the sentence, so you'll understand what I'm talking about:

I'm explaining that when you measure a boat, if a certain measure goes above a certain number, it's not valid, or the boat is penalized.
    What I'm trying to find is the word for this "certain number", which you can't exceed. In spanish we say "limit value / valor límite".

I'll write the whole sentence "La sección máxima de la botavara (BDmax) es el valor límite de esta medida BDmax=0,08·E"

The maximum cross section of the boom is the __ of this measure BDmax= 0,08·E

4. Anduril Senior Member

Spain Spanish
    Finally I got tired, so I rephrased the sentence as follows:

The maximum cross section of the boom (BDmax) is the result of the following calculation BDmax=0,08•E.

Do you think is clear enough?