1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

ventaja competitiva

Discussion in 'Financial Terms' started by papala, Aug 17, 2006.

1. papala Junior Member

spanish, panama
    SE PUEDE TRADUCIR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE?
    Nuevamente un millón de gracias

2. lily8

lily8 Senior Member

Spanish - Argentina LP
    Could you give us the whole sentence, please?

3. Rras New Member

SPANISH
    I've got a whole sentence: "Los accionistas aportan experiencia y múltiples contactos en los mercados internacionales, lo que constituye una ventaja competitiva en relación al resto de operadores del sector."

I also need a translation for "ventaja competitiva".

Thanks a lot! ;)

4. epovo

epovo Senior Member

Madrid
    Spanish Spain
    competitive advantage is ok; in fact the expression in Spanish has been imported from English.

5. Rras New Member

SPANISH
    Muchas gracias!

6. EL SABIO Senior Member

English Trinidad & Tobago
    I like "competitive edge"

7. espalui Senior Member

Spain
    Spanish
    Hello,
    Could anybody help me with this transaltion? It is a text on economy.
    [FONT=&quot]si la empresa desea obtener y mantener una ventaja competitiva, deberá ubicar correctamente la cadena de valor de la organización en el sistema de valor. Se pretende con ello identificar, aprovechar y potenciar los vínculos externos de la organización con el resto del sistema con el fin de crear una diferenciación, ya sea aumentando el valor, reduciendo costes o ambas.[/FONT]

the value chain of the organization must be correctly placed in the value system so that the company can obtain and keep a competitive advantage. This aims at identifying, using and reinforcing the external bonds of the organization with the rest of the system in order to create differentiation either increasing the value, lowering costs or both.

Please correct me.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

8. gengo

gengo Senior Member

The value chain of the organization must be correctly situated in the value system if the company wishes to obtain and keep a competitive advantage. The goal is to identify, take advantage of, and reinforce the external bonds of the organization with the rest of the system in order to create differentiation, be it by increasing the value, lowering costs, or both.

That is my attempt.

9. espalui Senior Member

Spain
    Spanish
    Thanks a million!
    Just a question, would it be better to put the sentence starting by if... at the beginning, since in the original the conditional goes first or is it better to leave the main clause at the beginning?

Thank you for your help

10. gengo

gengo Senior Member

Either way is fine. I tried to make as few changes as possible to your translation, since it was basically sound.

11. espalui Senior Member

Spain
    Spanish
    OK, thank you!