verb + に動く

Discussion in '日本語 (Japanese)' started by mdbvma, Nov 9, 2012.

1. mdbvma Senior Member

Canada, English

Is "に動く" being used here about the same way as "に来る" in "遊びに来る"? when using "Base 2 verb + に動く", would a good translation be "to move forward with..." or "to start..."?
  2. noriaki Senior Member

First of all, personally I feel, "to try to..." would be a good translation.

Next, are you asking whether 取り付けに動く is the form "Base 2 verb + に動く" or not in the first question?

Because I'm not familiar with how foreign people learn Japanese grammer, I'm not sure how to explain and someone might help you much better than me.

From what I understand, 取り付け may be "base 2 verb", but it also can be a nominal (noun).
    Then, It can be not only "取り付け (Base 2 verb) + に動く" but also "取り付け (nominal) + に (particle) + 動く (verb)"

Because it's meaning is "to try to...", you can use this form only for actions with some difficulties.

"Base 2 verb + に動く"

"Nominal + に動く"

3. frequency

frequency Senior Member

Tokyo, Japan
    I like your choice 'to start'. And that may be 'take an action for' or 'be willing to'.

取り付けに動く is, in my opinion, 'similar' to verb combination in the English grammar, start/stop/quit smoking things. You may say 取り付け is noun, but both of noun and gerund work similarly after combining with the first verb, don't they?

And notice that this 取り付け is not installation. Miki is going to get agreement.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  4. mdbvma Senior Member

Canada, English
    Thank you frequency and noriaki.