1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)
  2. WARNING: The forums will close for maintenance for around 20 minutes starting at 9:30am US Eastern Time (GMT -4, 3:30pm in most of Europe).

w ujęciu rzeczowym albo osobowym

Discussion in 'Polski (Polish)' started by prosty, May 16, 2013.

1. prosty New Member

polish
    Hi, need your help in translating PL-ENG:
    The source is a book:
    "(...)kolejny to analiza techniczno – ekonomiczna – stanowiąca o wielkościach ekonomicznych w ujęciu rzeczowym albo osobowym, gdzie zagadnienia finansowe stanowią jedynie uzupełnienie (...)"

"w ujęciu rzeczowym albo osobowym" = in terms of physical or personal

thanks
    p

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  2. LilianaB Senior Member

US New York
    Lithuanian
    Hi. I don't know at this time what it is because it is a purely financial jargon, but it is definitely not "in terms of physical or personal". What is the phrase supposed to mean in Polish if translated into plain language? It can only be translated properly if we know exactly what it means in Polish, although my feeling is that the phrase is simply pretty vague.

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  3. Cieżuncja Junior Member

Polish
    I think that "w ujęciu rzeczowym" may be translated as "in volume terms"

4. Thomas1

Thomas1 Senior Member

polszczyzna warszawska
    I think that the sentence means that some economic quantities will be expressed in/compared to things or people. How about 'in terms of manpower or material(s) material(s) or manpower'?

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  5. Ben Jamin Senior Member

Norway
    Polish
    And now again wild guessing. Nobody at this forum seems to be a speaker of "economese" and nobody really understands the expression. You have to find a native speaker of this language, which has little in common with ordinary Polish.

6. LilianaB Senior Member

US New York
    Lithuanian
    What does this expression mean exactly in Polish? I think Thomas' and my suggestions were right, but I decided to wait for more context.

Last edited: May 21, 2013