Discussion in 'Português (Portuguese)' started by Abraao, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Abraao

Abraao Junior Member

Bogota Colombia
    Hola Boa tarde, Eu estou novo aqui e espero que este é o caminho certo para fazer um post.
    Eu estou procurando um pouco de ajuda aqui. eu só falo um pouco de Português e estou tentando escrever uma bandeira que precisa ser clara e curta.

I do not know how to say “waste” in Portuguese. If you speak Spanish I would like it to have the same meaning as “Malgastar”.

So far I have come up with Disperdicer. I believe this has the meaning I want, but am not sure.

What I want to say is:
    Não disperdice sua vida.
    Busque a Jesus
    Por você mesmo
    Leia o novo Testamento

Don’t Waste your life.
    Seek Jesus
    All Alone
    Read the New Testament.

My other concern is “All Alone”. I wanted to use sozinho, but I fear it has too much of a lonley feeling.

Thank you for any help and advice.
  2. LuizLeitao

LuizLeitao Senior Member

São Paulo, Brazil
    That's almost correct, just observe that waste is desperdiçar (and therefore you should write desperdice instead of "disperdice")

Concerning all alone, you're right, and "por você mesmo" is okay here.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2013
  3. Vanda

Vanda Moderesa de Beagá

Belo Horizonte, BRASIL
    Português/ Brasil
    Welcome to the forum, Abraão. :)

We do have a dictionary above that may help you with simple words. Click here.
  4. Abraao

Abraao Junior Member

Bogota Colombia
    Thank you very much for the help. Thats great :)
  5. Abraao

Abraao Junior Member

Bogota Colombia
    Thank you Vanda. I am excited to find this post as I am intensively learning Portuguese and have just purchased tickets to travel to Sao Paolo in July. I plan on using the dictionary a lot. Thank you.
  6. Nonstar

Nonstar Senior Member

the outskirts of inner pantyhoses
    In-love-with-the-coming-race Portuguese
    A more colloquial way to say it would be "Não jogue fora sua vida/não jogue sua vida fora". Just in case you might want to know.