Watashi wa anata o aishite imasu

Discussion in '日本語 (Japanese)' started by viereaty_blienmest, Jun 2, 2006.

1. viereaty_blienmest Junior Member

Can You Check For Me About The Sentence That I Wrote Under ^_^ Thanks So Much
    Watashi wa anata o aishiteimasu. Eiei. Demo anata o aishiteru ka. Boku omatsu anata no kotae
    [B]That's mean: I Love You. Forever. But Do You Love Me. I'm waiting for your answer. [/B]
    [B]Did I write it correct ^_^[/B]
  2. Flaminius

Flaminius coclea mod

capita Iaponiae
    日本語 / japāniski / יפנית
    viereaty, welcome.

Watashi wa anata o aishite imasu. Ēen ni. Demo anata wa watashi o aishite kure masu ka. Anata no kotae o matte imasu.

If you need Japanese script:

For further posting, reading the forum rules, with especial attention to #4, would facilitate your interaction with other posters.
  3. viereaty_blienmest Junior Member

thanks for your answer ^_^ are you Japanese ? Anyway thank you so much ^_^
  4. 地獄の森_jigoku_no_mori

地獄の森_jigoku_no_mori Junior Member

Canadian English :)(Also French)
    I would have chose a couple different words.
    Watashi wa anata o aishiteimasu. Eiei. Demo anata o aishiteru ka. Boku omatsu anata no kotae
    First of all I wouldn't change how you referred to yourself when your talking. If you say watashi you stick with watashi. A Japanese friend said to me once that "Boku" sounds a bit kiddish. If you really want to sound confident, say "ore"俺(not reccommended when talking to a superior!) Another thing is that if you're using the verb aishiteru(aishite imasu) you must be close to that person, so in this case, using "kimi"君 is a good idea, it means that you are at least friends, while anata is semi-formal.
    Eiei(永々)does mean forever, but it is an adverb, ずっと(zutto) is more appropriate in using in its own sentence, it is also a frequently used word, eiei is not. The second sentence is also incorrectly formed. It would be written "demo, kimi wa watashi wo aishiteru ka?"
    "Boku o matsu anata no kotae" is incorrectly forumed. You would say "Watashi wa kimi no kotae o matte iru." "wa"は would be used in this sentence because you are saying I am. The correct paragraph alltogether would be:
    私は君を愛しています。ずっと。でも, 君は私を愛してるか。 私は君の答えを待っている。
    I hope this helps and if any hardcore experts can make a correction, do do please.

5. Flaminius

Flaminius coclea mod

capita Iaponiae
    日本語 / japāniski / יפנית
    The above #4 has two different style levels: formal and casual. One has to stick to the either in speaking or writing Japanese sentences.

Because of -masu, the sentence is in formal style, whereas the other two are in casual mode. Also, 君 (kimi) sounds condescending to me at least when used with 私 (watashi), which more or less belongs to the formal registry. Using あなた is recommended.

This sounds better than 永々or 永遠に. Another everyday word for forever is いつまでも.

Grammatically okay but sounds like an awkward interrogation. The ellipted 愛してる instead of 愛している suggests casual mode of speech, whereas ending a sentence with -ka strongly connotes a scoulding demand for information.

As above, stylistic correction is necessary. Besides that, omitting 私は is advisable since this has been used several times in the text already. Japanese sentences do not require the subject in cases where no ambiguity arises. In those cases, explicit subjects sound off-putting. In this sentence, the subject is quite obviously I.