1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Way of Deflecting Force

Discussion in 'עברית (Hebrew)' started by shukunmoppu, Mar 21, 2013.

1. shukunmoppu New Member

Leola, PA USA
    English - American
    Hello everyone, me again! Here's another quandary I have (quick background first): Jeet Kune Do means "The Way of the Intercepting Fist." It's more of a framework, a guide, a foundation for your own style/expression of the martial arts. I was wondering of the Hebrew (and transliteration) of something like "Way of Deflecting Force" or "Way of Intercepting Force." Jeet Kune Do has a lot of Buddhism attached to its philosophies, especially in Bruce Lee's book. Being Christian myself I've decided to replace some things with my own beliefs. Hebrew is definitely part of Christianity's past hence my love for it.

Anyway, sorry to ramble on. Thanks for any help!

Especially arielipi! ;)

2. arielipi Senior Member

Israel
    Hebrew
    תורת הסטת הכח
    תורת ניגוד הכח
    או דרך
    torat hasatat hako'ach
    " nigud "
    or derech instead of torat

the philosophy of deflecting force[=power]
    " " " "[=blocking] "
    instead of philosophy you can say way.

3. shukunmoppu New Member

Leola, PA USA
    English - American
    Thanks again arielipi. :) By the way, would you know the Hebrew versions with nekkud/nekudot/whatever it should be called for both תורת הסטת הכח and תבנית חסרת צורה? It adds a nice touch and seems even more elegant.

4. arielipi Senior Member

Israel
    Hebrew
    No i do not.

5. shukunmoppu New Member

Leola, PA USA
    English - American
    Hmm I could try looking for a how to guide since you gave me the transliteration.

I can't tell you how appreciative I am about your help. Using Google can be a nightmare trying to translate certain languages.