which makes it .. difficult to maintain its core temperature

Discussion in 'Polski (Polish)' started by Baltic Sea, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Baltic Sea Senior Member

Polish
    Hello again!

This is because, as the temperature decreases, cold related injuries like chilblains and frostbite set in, which makes it further difficult and impossible for the body to maintain its core temperature.
    In my opinion which makes it further difficult and impossible for the body to maintain its core temperature should be translated as co jeszcze bardziej utrudnia i uniemożliwia ciału utrzymanie (swojej) zasadniczej (podstawowej) temperatury.

which makes it further difficult and impossible for the body to maintain its core temperature.
    This term is from Causes of Low Body Temperature in Adults.Under subtitle Cold Environment, in line 5 (the last one in the paragraph) is this text:This is because, as the temperature decreases, cold related injuries like chilblains and frostbite set in, which makes it further difficult and impossible for the body to maintain its core temperature.
    Thank you.

2. I like your version. :)

My try, off the cuff: Wynika to z tego, iż podczas spadku temperatury dochodzi do odmrożeń i innych urazów* związanych z niską temperaturą, co w znacznym stopniu utrudnia utrzymanie prawidłowej temperatury ciała.

* I don't like this word here, but couldn't come up with anything better. Maybe someone else will.

3. Baltic Sea Senior Member

Polish
    Thank you, Maljo. You are much better at style than me.

4. I wouldn't know. What I do know, though, is that I like my new nickname. ;)