1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Yo también te quiero

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by daveross, Dec 29, 2007.

1. daveross New Member

england english
    My Spanish friend send me this message. Please assist me as i would be very grateful.

"Yo tambien te quiero y desespero. Pienso mucho en ti Amor".

Im not good at this but i try to translate and come up with, "Me also I love you and despair. I think alot of you Darling".

2. david13

david13 Senior Member

Pittsburgh
    USA - US English
    "I love you too and despair for you. I think a lot about your love."

Of course, we English speakers do not use despair quite so freely. Desespero in this case might be better translated "I miss you oodles" but I don't know here. Could be she really is desperate. Good luck with the relationship and the best for the new year!

David

3. mexblood Senior Member

MEXICO - SPANISH
    I would say: "I love you too and I am despere for you. I think a lot about you my love".

In spanish at least in Mexico we don't usually use desesperar... but maybe she is really crazy for you! HNY!

4. daveross New Member

england english
    sorry, i should have added that she is Colombian 35 years old but she live in Spain for 9 years now

5. david13

david13 Senior Member

Pittsburgh
    USA - US English
    Yes, the use of desesperar seems unusual to me, too. You are right about the 'I think a lot about you, my love"; I hadn't noticed the capital "A" in Amor. Although, isn't the "í" in tí (meaning "you") tildada? If so, couldn't the sentence mean, "I think a lot about your love"?

6. Milton Sand

Milton Sand Modómano, 'mano

Bucaramanga, Colombia
    Español (Colombia)
    Hi!
    I think "desesperar" here means "to be impatient/distressed/hopeless/anxious".

In Colombia, it's normal to use "desesperar" that way, as an intransitive. Look:
    Desesperar = intr. To be hopeless/distressed.
    Desesperar a alguien = tran. To exasperate, to drive to despair somebody.
    Desesperarse = prnl. To despair.

My suggest:
    Yo también te quiero y desespero. Pienso mucho en ti, amor.
    I love you too and I'm impatient/distressed. I think a lot about you, sweetheart.

Corrections are welcome, of course.

Bye.

7. daveross New Member

england english
    Thanks for the replies.

I agree that the use of Amor is same as sweetheart and she has used this is sms before. Knowing her personality, she is a calm person with good sense of humour. She is very realistic about our language and distance barriers (as I live and work in London). She knows i am coming to see her but not until March, so im satified that she is no actually 'impatient/distressed/hopeless' this is more likely her humour. Also we only text every 3 or 4 days.

Regards to all Dave

8. mexicomida Senior Member

michigan
    english
    si pusiera "pienso mucho en tu amor", significaría "I think a lot about your love." como su puso, "pienso en ti, amor", claro que significa "i think a lot about you, love"

9. mexicomida Senior Member

michigan
    english
    I think this is a really good translation. Just to make it flow better, I would suggest saying, "I feel impatient/distressed." All the best.

10. david13

david13 Senior Member

Pittsburgh
    USA - US English
    Por supuesto. Tienes razón. Había confunido las pronombres. Gracias,

David
    :eek: