¡Guaaaaghh, voy a salir a comermelos a todos!

< Previous | Next >

shark2319

Spanish
Hello everyone.
I need to write down the sound of a monster scaring a person. I only found the sound of the person being scared. I am not sure if it is something like whuaaa or arhhhh.
Thanks in advance.

Moderator's note
Title changed to include the exact phrase in question. Thank you.
Bevj

Last edited by a moderator:
  • gengo

American English
    Your thread title and the question you describe don't seem to match. Wolves growl like dogs, and we express that sound as Grrrr. However, that is unlikely to be the sound of a monster scaring a person.

Please give us more specific context, describing the exact situation.

shark2319

Spanish
    Sorry for the mismatched tittle.
    I have a song in Spanish called "let's play in the forest". It involves kids playing in the forest while the wolf is busy at home doing something. in the end, the wolf is ready to come out, so right before he says "I'm coming out to eat you all up!", the wolf screams or yells like a monster. I need to write that sound as it is part of the lyrics, but I don't want to use the Spanish way.

Bevj

Allegra Moderata (Sp/Eng, Cat)
    English (U.K.)
    Hola shark2319
    Necesitamos una oración o frase específica para traducir, para que el título del hilo quepa en el diccionario de la casa.
    Gracias.

gengo

American English
    Sorry for the mismatched title.
    I have a song in Spanish called "let's play in the forest". It involves kids playing in the forest while the wolf is busy at home doing something. in the end, the wolf is ready to come out, so right before he says "I'm coming out to eat you all up!", the wolf screams or yells like a monster. I need to write that sound as it is part of the lyrics, but I don't want to use the Spanish way.
    As Bevj says, we need to see the whole sentence in Spanish. Then we can suggest English translations.

gengo

American English
    This is from a website about comics and graphic novels, and how to spell out sounds.

The Written Roar has some fairly standard versions, though the exact number of letters involved vary widely. There are several usual forms of the classic throaty roar, from the literal "Roar!" to the more guttural "Graar!" to the very common "Argh!" The related horrible screech has mostly been standardized around variations of "Scree!"

Therefore, you could say "Graar! I'm coming out to eat you all up!"

< Previous | Next >