¿De dónde nos escribe a máquina? From where are you writing us?

Minnie121728

SPANISH
Estoy en casa, en un pequeño cuarto sin ventana que he convertido en mi rincón favorito. Aunque no estoy totalmente aislada del ruido, es un lugar agradable: baldas llenas de libros y luz cálida. Prefiero conectarme por la noche, cuando la casa está en silencio y el resto de la familia ya está durmiendo. Suelo escribir al mismo tiempo que escucho música con los auriculares, casi siempre los relajantes nocturnos de Chopin o bandas sonoras de películas.

I’m at home, in a small and windowless room that I’ve turned into my favorite den. Even though I am not completely insulated from noise, it’s a nice place: shelves full of books and warm light. I prefer to connect at night when the house is silent and all my family members are asleep. I usually write and listen to music with earphones, soothing Chopin’s nocturnes or film soundtracks nearly always.
Soy capaz de imaginarte mientras te leo...:p

• Hakro

Finnish - Finland
    As a freelancer, my office is at my home. I have two screens for my main computer, one for work and the other for WR and some other interesting forums, or sometimes the other way round.

eno2

Dutch-Flemish
    Well, I have 3 computers at home... we are a computery family... and they are interconnected in a net... I have my own studio and I type in a laptop... I have MY LIFE in this machine!! :eek: ...my music, my dictionaries, my classes...and the pics of some foreros in their studios with their pc's!!! :thumbsup: You know? I was wondering the same as you do now, and well, what the heck! (?) I couldn't help it any more... and began asking for pics...I have broad band... so I'm online all day long... and I'm here all day long...I have coffee while I am in WR... some smoking :eek: ... music...and plants!! I am sitting right in front of a window, that connects me to the real world... a beauutiful sight of the blue sky and a magical tree with birds on it...
    By my side I have two scanners, two printers and the mike to chat with some friends and practise my English and their Spanish... looooooots of wires.... water, the phone...
    A pity to be banned then.:(

Last edited:

eno2

Dutch-Flemish
    In 1994 a friend showed me how to open an email address on a library PC.
    From then on I went each day on internet at the library, one hour (the limit). Surfing and participating on fora.
    In 2011 after moving house (to a small island without a library worth the name) I disposed of a free Wifi connection, and subsequently bought my own laptop.
    As a pensioner it's my main pastime now.
    I lost some money speculating online on the stock exchange. And playing poker on Pokerstars.
    But like all addicts, I'm utterly convinced I'll win it all back...

eno2

Dutch-Flemish
    Estoy en casa, en un pequeño cuarto sin ventana que he convertido en mi rincón favorito. Aunque no estoy totalmente aislada del ruido, es un lugar agradable: baldas llenas de libros y luz cálida. Prefiero conectarme por la noche, cuando la casa está en silencio y el resto de la familia ya está durmiendo. Suelo escribir al mismo tiempo que escucho música con los auriculares, casi siempre los relajantes nocturnos de Chopin o bandas sonoras de películas.

I’m at home, in a small and windowless room that I’ve turned into my favorite den. Even though I am not completely insulated from noise, it’s a nice place: shelves full of books and warm light. I prefer to connect at night when the house is silent and all my family members are asleep. I usually write and listen to music with earphones, soothing Chopin’s nocturnes or film soundtracks nearly always.
    I'm sitting comfortably in my relax with, from the hill, a full view over the afforested mountains, the more thinly afforested valley and its picturesque small village and the island-strewn see (La Gomera & The peak of the Teide on Tenerife). No noise whatsoever. Only dogs barking break the silence every now and then.

< Previous | Next >