¿Tipografía? ¿Qué tipografía?

garryknight

UK, English
I didn't know which forum to post this in, since it doesn't specifically relate only to Spanish. But I post it for the delectation of those who understand Spanish and if anyone wants to translate it, I'd be interested to see the results. I don't know where it originated (I first saw something like it in a science magazine) but I found this version on Usenet:

"Sgeun un etsduio de una uivenrsdiad aermicacna, no ipmotra el odren en el que las ltears etsan ersciats, la uicna csoa ipormtnate es que la pmrirea y la utlima ltera esten ecsritas en la psiocion cocrrtea. El rsteo peuden estar ttaolmntee mal y aun pordas lerelo sin pobrleams. Etso es pquore no lemeos cada ltera por si msima snio la paalbra cmoo la cnooecmos. Pesornamelnte me preace icrneilbe..."

• Artrella

Banned
    BA
    Spanish-Argentina
    garryknight said:
    I didn't know which forum to post this in, since it doesn't specifically relate only to Spanish. But I post it for the delectation of those who understand Spanish and if anyone wants to translate it, I'd be interested to see the results. I don't know where it originated (I first saw something like it in a science magazine) but I found this version on Usenet:

"Sgeun un etsduio de una uivenrsdiad aermicacna, no ipmotra el odren en el que las ltears etsan ersciats, la uicna csoa ipormtnate es que la pmrirea y la utlima ltera esten ecsritas en la psiocion cocrrtea. El rsteo peuden estar ttaolmntee mal y aun pordas lerelo sin pobrleams. Etso es pquore no lemeos cada ltera por si msima snio la paalbra cmoo la cnooecmos. Pesornamelnte me preace icrneilbe..."

I think there has been a thread on this Garry...(but I don't remember the title so I cannot give it to you.. :D )... anyway... that article is easy to read!!! I'd never have imagined that such a strange letters arrangement would be so easy to understand!!
    :p :) ;)

Artrella

Banned
    BA
    Spanish-Argentina
    garryknight said:

Aoccrding to na rserach fo an aermicna uinvreisty, it dsoe not amttre teh ordre in wihhc teh elttres are wirttne, teh noly ipmnortat htnig ......

ohhh!!! I gvie up... cuold smoe one cnotineu tihs hrad wrok?? :eek:

la grive solitaire

United States, English
    Abracadabra :)

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

http://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/personal/matt.davis/Cmabrigde/

Benjy

English - English
    la grive solitaire said:
    Abracadabra :)

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

http://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/personal/matt.davis/Cmabrigde/

which would explain why epopel dont go ntus when they try and read the silly things that i type :) nice to know.

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    Artrella said:
    Aoccrding to na rserach fo an aermicna uinvreisty, it dsoe not amttre teh ordre in wihhc teh elttres are wirttne, teh noly ipmnortat htnig ......

As if we needed proof that orthography is totally unimportant! :):eek:

te gato

Alberta--TGE (te gato English)
    The sad part is that some of us..(me)..had no problems reading that..
    Oh man..am I in trouble...maybe that is why I can read Benjy's posts..:D

tg;)

Lancel0t

Philippines - Filipino
    Artrella said:
    I think there has been a thread on this Garry...(but I don't remember the title so I cannot give it to you.. :D )... anyway... that article is easy to read!!! I'd never have imagined that such a strange letters arrangement would be so easy to understand!!
    :p :) ;)

Nilda, here are the links those threads that you are referring:

http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=14302&highlight=tahthttp://forum.wordreference.com/show...&highlight=taht
    http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=4042&highlight=taht
    http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=14302&highlight=frist+frsit

LadyBlakeney

Spanish
    Curiously enough, I was able to read the text in Spanish considerably faster that I could read it in English!!!! I knew I was far from being bilingual, and yet... I'll have to make sure my boss doesn't learn any of this!! :D

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    LadyBlakeney said:
    Curiously enough, I was able to read the text in Spanish considerably faster that I could read it in English!!!! I knew I was far from being bilingual, and yet... I'll have to make sure my boss doesn't learn any of this!! :D

Lady B.

Dgíale qeu se vyaa a ferir apsrágros.:D

asm

Mexico, Spanish
    Etsa es una meusrta de que teiesn la rzaon en cautno a la otrograifa, al fin y al cbao lo ipmroatnte es endterennos, no?

Yo vtoo por Alrltea.:thumbsup:

Artrella said:

Phryne

Argieland--Esp/Eng
    asm said:
    Etsa es una meusrta de que teiesn la rzaon en cautno a la otrograifa, al fin y al cbao lo ipmroatnte es endterennos, no?

Calma, que todo depende cuántas letras cambies y a dónde las metas.

Etsa es una mstreua de que tseein la rzoan en ctnauo a la ofgtoairra, al fin y al cbao lo ittnmroape es eeeonnndtrs, no?

:D :D Just a thought! :D

Artrella

Banned
    BA
    Spanish-Argentina
    asm said:

aj aj aj !!! ah ah ah !!! gariacs mas ¡¡¡¡ psoo!!! ha! se Alltrear... no et olivsde de la orat "r", no es un eorr de otrograifa .... vse? saudlos! ;) :) :p

SP: es etso una caneda ctha??? huuuuu!!! :D

Pyrhneeeeeeee!!!!!!!! portate bieeeeeennnnnnnn.... aj aj aj aj !!!!! ;) :D

garryknight

UK, English
    Lancel0t said:
    Nilda, here are the links those threads that you are referring:
    Oh well, there's nothing new under the sun. I would apologise for posting something that's already been posted, but you're all having so much fun... :)

te gato

Alberta--TGE (te gato English)
    Ahh..Sir Knight;

Should it not be:
    'Oh wlel terhe's ntohnig new udenr the sun. I wluod aogplsie for pnoitsg smtnohieg tath's adleroy been pesotd, but yruoe all hnaivg so mcuh fun.'

tg;)

lainyn

Canadian English
    I'm happy to report that I understood at least 3 example languages perfectly :) I really enjoy these kind of studies, y'know?