Época - Título de la publicación (3a época)

Manuel Colero

Spanish
What is the English word used for a periodic publication after its publication has been discontinued for a while and then it comes back to business with a new editorial team? In Spanish it is "época", e.g.: "Título de la publicación (3a época)".

• fenixpollo

Senior Member & Moderator
    American English
    Welcome to the forum, Manuel Colero.

In general, the word era is used to differentiate different stages over long periods of time.

For example, in the wikipedia article about Life Magazine in the U.S., there is currently a section called "1960's and the end of an era" that describes how the first stage in the magazine's run ended, when its publishers stopped regular weekly publication.

Life (magazine) - Wikipedia

I'm not sure if there is publishing jargon that uses a different word for the concept you're describing; if not, then "era" would work, in my opinion.

gengo

American English
    What is the English word used for a periodic publication after its publication has been discontinued for a while and then it comes back to business with a new editorial team? In Spanish it is "época", e.g.: "Título de la publicación (3a época)".

I have no idea if there is special jargon for this, but I would translate that as "title of publication (third incarnation)."

dictionary:
    incarnation
    2: a particular physical form or state : TV and movie incarnations of the story