à due concurrence

tacobear

English - USA
This is for a factoring contract (outsourcing of invoicing/receivables). This is from the customer credit approval section where the contract is explaining that all payments from the invoiced companies will be first applied to the invoiced amounts that have been approved by the factoring company.

"De ce fait, l'encours susceptible d'avoir été jusque-la en dépassement d'approbation se trouve couvert à due concurrence."

MY ATTEMPT: "Because of this, the invoiced amount subject to having been, up to this point, in excess of the approved amount will be covered up to that amount."

• arundhati

French - France
    This is for a factoring contract (outsourcing of invoicing/receivables). This is from the customer credit approval section where the contract is explaining that all payments from the invoiced companies will be first applied to the invoiced amounts that have been approved by the factoring company.

"De ce fait, l'encours susceptible d'avoir été jusque-la en dépassement d'approbation se trouve couvert à due concurrence."

MY ATTEMPT: "Because of this, the invoiced amount subject to having been, up to this point, in excess of the approved amount will be covered up to that amount."
    I don't know if there would be a more idiomatic translation, but in any case, you got the right meaning. :)

tacobear

English - USA
    Thanks for the response. I also had "proportionallly" or "proportional to" suggested to me. This sounds ok as well.