échale ganas

< Previous | Next >
  • SJV

English-US
    Bobecito,

"give it some welly"? LOL I don't know what that is, but it tickles my curiousity.

My version of "echale ganas" is "do it with a passion", since ganas seems to come with that kind of sentiment.

bobecito

English
    Bobecito,

"give it some welly"? LOL I don't know what that is, but it tickles my curiousity.

My version of "echale ganas" is "do it with a passion", since ganas seems to come with that kind of sentiment.
    that sounds like a good one. passion/desire... yeah.
    by the way "welly" refers more to kicking something harder[maybe a ball or something] therefore also trying harder (welly:wellington boot).

SJV

English-US
    that sounds like a good one. passion/desire... yeah.
    by the way "welly" refers more to kicking something harder[maybe a ball or something] therefore also trying harder (welly:wellington boot).
    I just learned something in English! I know what Wellington boots are. That's what we used to call them before it was cool to be country. Now they call them "ropers".

You must be from Great Britain.

Saludos!

aldonzalorenzo

Castellano
    Is there a difference between formal and informal address, or is it always "echale ganas", regardless of tu or usted?
    Tring, Welcome to the Forum!
    That expression is always informal. But if you wanted to say it more formally (speaking of "usted") you´d say: "échele ganas".

< Previous | Next >