échange (conversation)

genevois

Chinois
Hi, I don't quite understand the sentence below and I'm hoping someone could help. I think the key word here is "échange". Maybe in this context it means bargaining is a way of communcation with local people? Many thanks in advance for your advice.

En Tunisie, il est d'usage de discuter le prix: le marchandage est perçu comme un échange et non comme une simple manaeuvre pour faire baisser le prix.

• citoyennedumonde

france, french
    Hey everybody,
    I'm reviving this old thread to ask: how would you put it when the "échanges" you are referring to are emails?
    For instance, I am writing to someone I have exchanged only emails with (i have never talked to this person): could i say: Further to our e-mail exchanges two months ago... ?
    Thanks

mrbutt89

English (UK)
    I'm reviving this old thread to ask: how would you put it when the "échanges" you are referring to are emails?
    For instance, I am writing to someone I have exchanged only emails with (i have never talked to this person): could i say: Further to our e-mail exchanges two months ago... ?
    I've noticed you never got a reply. I think "e-mail exchanges" is fine, but I think I'd tend to say "exchange of emails".

< Previous | Next >