économie relocalisée

Ti Bateau

English
This expression is in a title of an advert for a telephone company (see below)
The company is based on a DOMTOM, so I was thinking that it was referring to it being a 'relocated/off-shore economy', but then I read that these are two good reasons to choose the company, thus they are advantages for the client.
Does "économie" thus refer to economising? But then I can't make sense of 'relocalisée'?
Thank you in advance.
Une économie relocalisée et la fidelité d’un partenaire locale.

• Michelvar

Quasimodo
    French / France
    Hi,

relocaliser is opposite to offshoring. The idea is that, after buying global from an international company, you can now buy it local again, with this company.

so "une économie relocalisée" means "you can now contribute to the comeback of local economy".
    Of course that not a word to word translation, but that's the meaning of this advertisement.

Ti Bateau

English
    But it is a telephone company, & the ad is encouraging people to sign up with the company (2 good reasons to do so) ...?
    I don't know how/why it is speaking about the structure of the economy?
    I forgot to add that above this title is the name of the company:
    X Telecom
    Une économie relocalisée et la fidelité d’un partenaire locale

Michelvar

Quasimodo
    French / France
    That's an advertisement. It's not meant to be logical, it's meant to make you buy. It tells you that, by choosing X Telecom, you are going to be a hero, to save this area's economy, to make DOMTOM great again. You are such a responsible man; by accepting to pay your phone a little more, you save your country, you insure that your son will find a job...

Ti Bateau

English
    Thank you Michelvar, I now have a better understanding of this expression, but I would have added "Pour une économie relocalisée ... " as the economy of the island is far from 'relocalized' - that would be the ideal.
    Or, if there is such a thing as a 'relocalized enterprise', i.e. an enterprise within this relocalized economy, it would make better sense to say:
    'A relocalized enterprise and a loyal local partner'

Garoubet

French - France, Quebec
    I don't think it means relocalized enterprise, that would imply a delocalization before, but rather a company that reinforces its local presence. I understand it as localisée de nouveau, localisée in this context meaning adapted to the local environment.

Ti Bateau

English
    Thank you Garoubet. I understand your explanation, but wondering how to succinctly write that in a title in relation to X Telecom?
    X Telecom
    (The benefits of) a local economy and the loyalty of a local enterprise

Ti Bateau

English
    Thank you Michelvar - I do understand how to write catchy tag-lines, but in order to do so, I need to fully understand what it actually means ...
    Your previous explanation helped, but I am still bemused why 'local(ised) economy' is mentioned ... I presume this is what we are aiming towards, hence my previous suggestion of 'X Telecom, FOR a localised economy/localisation ...' in the same way that one could say, 'BMW - for a carbon-free environment'?

< Previous | Next >