ćwiczenia wieczorne

zebedee

Gt. Britain - English
I think it's Polish, sorry if it's not.

Context: It's part of the title of a video file of a physical exercise programme.

I think it might be someone's name. But if it's not, any help to translate this phrase to English, Spanish or French would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you.

• Jana337

čeština
    Hola, bievenida! :)

I love taking advantage of the absence of native speakers, so:

ćwiczenia - (physical) exercise
    wieczorne - evening (adj.)

It is not clear to me whether it is an evening class or set of exercises to be done in the evening. :confused:

dn88

Polish
    Context: It's part of the title of a video file of a physical exercise programme.
    Hola, bievenida! :)

I love taking advantage of the absence of native speakers, so:

ćwiczenia - (physical) exercise
    wieczorne - evening (adj.)

It is not clear to me whether it is an evening class or set of exercises to be done in the evening. :confused:

It is a set of exercises to be done in the evening. If an evening class was meant, then the Polish expression would be "szkoła wieczorowa" (or "studia wieczorowe").

arturolczykowski

Polish
    "It is a set of exercises to be done in the evening. If an evening class was meant, then the Polish expression would be "szkoła wieczorowa" (or "studia wieczorowe")."

Zgadza się. Jeśli jednak chodzi o "an evening class" to raczej "zajęcia wieczorowe", "szkoła wieczorowa" to bardziej typ szkoły.

zebedee

Gt. Britain - English
    Ah, yes, that makes perfect sense. The exercise programme is divided into a morning session which is a set of aerobic exercises and an evening session which is a set of stretching+yoga exercises.

Thanks to everyone.

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    Just in case someone is intereseted ćwiczenia (ćwiczenie) can be physical as well as, say, 'mental' (as in a coursebook or practical class as opposed to a lecture at a uni).

Tom

< Previous | Next >